We offer free, confidential and impartial advice to people living or working in and around Faversham, Sheppey and Sittingbourne.
You can get advice in a number of ways:
Select a location for more information and opening times:
How we will help you
We provide advice on a wide range of issues including debt, benefits, housing, employment, consumer, relationships, discrimination, tax, healthcare and education.
Your first contact with us will typically be with a gateway assessor who will determine how we can help resolve your query.
This may include providing you with information, signposting you to another organisation or arranging an appointment with one of our generalist or specialist advisers who can provide you with advice, assistance (such as drafting letters and completing forms) and possibly take action on your behalf (such as contacting third parties).
Our specialist advice services
We have a number of specialist advice services:
- Debt – our specialist debt team can help people deal with their debts and our approved intermediaries can process debt relief orders.
- Benefits – our specialist benefits advisers can ensure people receive what they are entitled to and help them challenge and appeal benefit decisions.
- Help To Claim – Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment. Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment. Call us for free on 0800 144 8 444 or chat to an adviser online.
- Housing – in partnership with Citizens Advice Medway, specialist advice is available for those that rent and are threatened with homelessness.
- Pensions – free guidance on defined contribution pensions.
- Legal Rota – Local law firm Tassels provides 30 minutes of free legal advice at our Faversham office (Faversham residents only).