Getting involved is what we do at Citizens Advice Swale. We help people sort out their problems, by giving all kinds of advice – financial, legal, but above all practical – and it’s all totally free. We’re sure you’ve heard of us, but did you know that:
- We’re not part of a big, faceless, national organisation?
- We’re a totally independent small charity run by local people?
- In 2019/20 we advised 4,858 clients on 15,568 issues?
- In 2019/20 we helped 875 clients to manage total indebtedness of more than £2,500,000?
- In 2019/20 we helped people from the Swale area obtain benefit entitlements of more than £2,000,000?
- We don’t get money from central Government?
We thought not.
We rely on donations and grants in order to change the lives of people in need in Swale. In 2019/20 every £1 invested in Citizens Advice Swale was worth £22.36 in value to the people we helped. A donation of just £5 helps us to provide general advice across Swale for half an hour. The smallest contribution can make a big difference.
Ways you can donate
Raise money when you shop
Go to AmazonSmile and select Citizens Advice Swale as your chosen charity. Every time you shop, use the Smile link and it’ll be no different to shopping via the normal Amazon site. When you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to us 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
There’s a Smile function for Android phones so you’ll never forget to use it – go into the Amazon shopping app, go to settings, and select Amazon Smile. There’s also a free Chrome extension called Smilematic which will send you directly to the charity page when you shop.
Give As You Live
Nominate Citizens Advice Swale as your chosen charity, and shop at over 4,200 leading stores via Give As You Live.
Become a Friend of Citizens Advice Swale
By becoming a Friend of Citizens Advice Swale you will help us do even more to help people in our area find their feet and get their lives back on track. It’s personal involvement of the most important kind – because all the money you give will go to your local Citizens Advice.
But that’s not all. As a Friend:
- you will receive a FOCAS newsletter three times a year to keep you up to date with what we’ve been doing to help the Swale community.
- you will be invited to our AGM, where you can meet our staff in a friendly, informal atmosphere and really feel part of the team;
- you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to improve the quality of people’s lives in our community, and thus prevent social problems getting out of control.
Become a Friend for £30 per year per individual (donations above this rate are welcomed).