Getting involved is what we do at Citizens Advice Swale. We help people sort out their problems, by giving all kinds of advice – financial, legal, but above all practical – and it’s all totally free. We’re sure you’ve heard of us, but did you know that:
- We are not part of a big, faceless, national organisation?
- We are a totally independent small charity run by local people?
- In 2016/17 we advised 6,625 clients on 18,239 issues?
- In 2016/17 we helped 445 clients to manage total indebtedness of over £5,000,000?
- In 2016/17 we helped people from the Swale area obtain benefit entitlements of more than £800,000?
- We don’t get money from central Government?
We thought not.
That’s why we want to get personal – and why we want you to get involved. By becoming a Friend of Citizens Advice Swale you will help us do even more to help people in our area find their feet and get their lives back on track. It’s personal involvement of the most important kind – because all the money you give will go to your local Citizens Advice.
But that’s not all. As a Friend:
- you will receive a 6-monthly newsletter, telling you exactly how the money you give us is spent;
- you will be invited to our AGM, where you can meet our staff in a friendly, informal atmosphere and really feel part of the team;
- you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to improve the quality of people’s lives in our community, and thus prevent social problems getting out of control.
If you want to help, there are several ways of becoming a Friend:
- Individual: £25
- Household: £40
- Corporate: £60
- Concession: donation at your discretion